Sunday, October 11, 2015

Creating the individual Heritage pages


For some reason, I had it stuck in my head that heritage pages
were different.
That you couldn't do the current stuff so my first
few pages are sort of plain
and I decided to leave them that way.



Love that there were some papers that could be used for Christmas papers
and added some Basic Grey stickers to keep it along.
There is no notation on these 2 photos and I can't decide
if its one twin or both.
I will need some help from my SIL for this one.





I could tell these were the two twins. Mostly because the back of the photo said so.



I started getting braver adding layers and mists and twine.
I was disappointed because these papers
do not do mists well so I found I need to be careful.



And then I found some long lost Paper studio
metals I picked up just in case awhile ago.
Those butterflies are so cool



I have been backing all the papers because they are thin - 
very thin and tended to flop about so
that'll be consistent throughout the album.
I'm also trying to use the same embellies and diecuts.

I added some thread - that you can barely see because 
everything appears floaty and disconnected
and I hope the thread adds that
connection.
I have also done this page - a long time ago.
If I can find the old one we'll check out the styles. 
LOL.
Won't that be fun and embarrasing.
It feels like a bazillion years ago - actually in the early 2000's.
This is 12x12 - cameras were different back then as well.
And prior to my blog it seems.




7 comments:

Camille Short said...

Beautiful project - I love it! I will soon be starting scrapbooks for my inlaws of the family tree. I, too, am struggling between keeping it vintage looking and having fun with embellishments. I'm sure once I get started, it'll all be good.

Unknown said...

Beautiful heritage pages! The colors work so well with the sepia and black and white photos. BL

Unknown said...

Beautiful heritage pages! The colors work so well with the sepia and black and white photos. BL

Connie Mercer said...

These are awesome Lynn! You are so lucky to have the old photos to SB!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You rocked the heritage, Lynn! This is going to be an amazing album. :)

LisaM said...

Your heritage pages are beautiful! BL

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job with your vintage [photos and choosing a great selection of papers and embellishmebnts for them. BL