We are living in the RV - in our own yard. And it’s actually been pretty cool because we’ve been practicing.
Practicing is important before going on the road.
Because so many things can go wrong.
Because so many things can be avoided.
Because so many things can be solved.
We also thought we had sooooo much storage in the coach and UNDER the coach.
Until we didn’t.
This or that.
Whether it’s this or that.
This or that could be wrong.
Depends on the circumstance.
A circumstance you didn’t account for but should’ve thought of.
Until you need it.
And then you don’t have it.
Or you do have that and don't need it.
So while we were stationary for a bit, and had a place to put things we did find:
- We can’t run the air and do anything else, like microwave and cool the bedroom without tripping the breaker. Need 50 amps - only have 30 here. In a campground that’ll be different.
- We have a cord running into the house to use our coffee pot and grinder to allow us to run other things such as air or heat.
- We are arranging, rearranging, adding and subtracting dishes, pots and pans, food pantry, spices, testing out the ice maker (swoon) rearranging the fridge, and making sure every nook and cranny is perfectly used.
- Making use of our insta-pot, learning when the induction cooktop will blow the circuit (when the AC or heat is running LOL) and when to use the gas stove. (No microwave for you).
- Using the gas stove top seriously limits the countertop space for chopping, slicing and dicing food preparation so all that needs to be done ahead of time.
- Keeping the dirty dishes done and put away in a timely manner (meaning as you go) as there is only so much space on the in the dinky double sink.
- How much to fill the freezer and when it will actually freeze.
- Monitoring the tanks.
Therefore, being in the electronic age, we don’t need to be here waiting and watching for the house to sell. We are done with the waiting, so hopefully we are gonna make things happen.
It’s time to move forward.
I’ll keep ya posted!