Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Confirmed child of God

These photos have resided in the wayback box for a long time.
I was hoping my mom would scrap them since 
it is her with her parents in the backyard celebrating 
her confirmation into Christ Lutheran Church
that happens to be right across the street.
My gram went to that church and my grandpop went
to his family's home church in the country.
I thought it was normal. lol - and it worked for them.

In this  photo my mom is 13 years old.
And confirmation back then was nothing like it is today.
You were quizzed in front of the entire congregation.
I would've fainted.
She actually looks way more mature than me at 13.
Her faith was a great foundation throughout her life and also her death.

Used Studio Calico pp & Tim Beck alphas from this month's kit. 
Josephine Kimberling die cuts, Dear Lizzy die cuts
Crafters workshop stencil and thickers.
I also used (and I think its ranger-not sure) but its like 
a glittery mist - that gives it a shine but not a SHINE.

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

That is gorgeous!! Love everything about it!! Great photo!!!