Thursday, October 24, 2013

Poptarts and camping

And even blowing kisses  (I actually noted that on the back of the photo) at his favorite sweet momma who actually remembered to pack the pop tarts.

I know, blow me down.

Anyway that's my Nick. And we went camping. And never did it again.

First off, I managed to get 2 ear aches on that trip and had to break camp early. Ah gee.

I also never understood the appeal of packing a bunch of things that required a lot of unpacking later and doing things like cooking, washing and clean up that takes twice or maybe three times as long to do out in the wilds as it does at home. I also hated not having access to creature comforts such as air conditioning and especially indoor plumbing.

Especially indoor plumbing.

Anyway Nick was way too cute not to document & I had this photo floating about for awhile so another one vacates the wayback box for a snappy new home that includes a story.

I used Studio Calico base paper (shocking I know-at least I'm off the Authentique kick for a bit - I do a lot of kicks-eh) as well as for the wood veneers, thickers (kit), vellum die cuts and then simple stories for the remaining. To get the faux coffee rings, I sprayed some Mr. Huey-shell on the bottom of a coaster and stamped it on. I also splattered some patina glimmermist about.

4 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Awesome page, Lynn! Loving the mix of papers! Such a cute story to document, too!

Connie Mercer said...

hda to laugh are guys love pop-tarts too. Adorable kid and LO!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Such a cute page and memory!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Hey, I love Pop Tarts too and this layout! Love the cool coffee rings!