Sunday, August 25, 2013

Remember

I love this stamp and I have used it quite a bit. It was the perfect choice for this heritage photo.

I have to admit - another page put together before having a photo for it.

Love that - like totally.

Actually I had this selection of papers/scraps picked at the same time I was picking out papers for Camera holder. I know you're totally aghast now.

Anyway, love how it turned out. I don't remember the "post card" mfg. but it totally works here. I also copied the back of the photo that has someone's writing on it. Could be my great grandmom's OR my Aunt Toot. (short oh's - not like beeping a horn-LOL).

The photo took me into a FB chat with my cousin who's the last man standing on the Schneider side. He was a font of info that led me back to Ancestry because I had a few things wrong.

I know you're surprised.

I fixed up my boo-boos and while I was chatting, being the magnficent multi-tasker that I am - I continued to work on the page. Which is why the butterfly is covering up some journing because my Cuz couldn't seem to make up his mind who the writing belonged to.

Which is all good.

And while the title bazzil looks pink - its matches the flower when its under the light at my desk. Just wanted to clear that up.

A mix of pattern paper is Daisy D's (base), Cosmo Cricket, Authentique, Sassafrass Lass, Josephine Kimberling is the flowers, Studio Calico ribbon - a change up over twine. Heidi Swapp stamp, prima and kaiser craft pearl.  ooo ooo and I got to use my notebook paper punch.

Even after having the paper picked, I have to determine the "design".  My process sometimes takes minutes, hours and sometimes days or weeks. Very hard to document. Most times, its ripped apart several times and then reinstated to the original design. Or papers change. Then a decision on a photo that can also change by the minute, hour, day.

All of which surprises you, I know.


3 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

I don't see any Boo-boos. You're a great fixer. Love the remember stamp too~Unity? Great page as always Lynn!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a pretty page, Lynn. Love the layering and mix of items on here.

Kimberly Kett said...

LOVE the title work! Gorgeous layout!