Friday, August 16, 2013

Simply Irresistable....

This page actually started without a picture.

My mojo took a little hiatus and I decided that maybe playing around would help. I did pick up a 6x6 My Mind's Eye pad at M's. I'd say new but at M's is all um...relevant.

I started with an edge punch, a couple of stamps (the bottom left is mostly covered up, an onion bag and a white dauber - that I had to hunt for.  I did some messy stitching to cover up some um.... things. OOO OOO and I flipped some glitter on the white paint too. I also sprinkled some mist about.

I found the flowers from Studio Calico Josephine Kimberling and they matched really really well. The heart doily was under my glass mat - very convenient.


Then I went to the wayback box for a photo and decided a portrait orientation worked better and actually found a couple of promising photos - but I loved this one.


When I got to the photo corner I took a break because the paper was eluding me and it needed something blue in the corner. After cleaning the dishwasher, reloading it and scrubbing the sink out, I strolled on back and lo and behold I found the paper I was hunting for.



And then I had to find more of the Bo Bunny I used for the photo corner because I wanted to use this QK label. And then of course that needed something. So I used my new butterfly punch that can punch anywhere. Swoon. And that fountain from Dusty Attic literally fell out of a basket I was hunting through for more do-dads. And then I decided that some washi was required to cover up seams. Then I had to find pearls.

The title from Making Memories actually jumped out of the bag too and I was kinda eh about it but when I put it on the label - I liked it much better and it goes so perfect with their pose.

Then after I adhered everything - I couldn't remember if I took a picture of the picture. Heavy sigh. Because of course I used permanent adhesive. I carefully yanked it off and took a photo in case anyone in the family would love to have a copy because I used the original.

3 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

The picture caught my eye~love it!!! Love your work Lynn!!!

gale said...

Gorgeous layout! Great use for those mini paper packs. I have a ton of those.

Kimberly Kett said...

Love the mix of pattern papers, so pretty!