Monday, August 26, 2013

Counted Cross Stitch

I loved and still do love counted cross stitch.
Sadly, I don't do it anymore.
Its hard now because I can't see the stitching no
matter how big the stitching or holes.
I have a bunch of beautiful scenes that I gifted over
the years. When mom and I traveled we would
take our projects with us.
 Easy to carry in a plastic bag. 
Easy to pick up and do when there was some
downtime available.
 I like that my mom snapped me in action and at
my Gram's. I love her furniture, her living room.
I totally miss her and her house.
Another page built with scraps and without a photo.
It took days to find this photo. and then
after to really really really decide to use it.
 After I have the page together I decided
some counted cross stitch was required.
So I used the mat and punch from the Amy
Tangerine package in my Studio Calico kit.
I spread them throughout the page.
Top left, top left corner of the photo
and right corner at the bottom of journal card.
Love the layers.

Let's address the glitter. 
I used some gesso andthen decided that 
maybe black would be good.
It looked like pepper.
So I tossed in some red.
It looked like pepper and chili powder.
And then I decided gold.
Therefore some sequins and those pesky little
beads were tossed on top.
And everything was totally flat.
Twine needed to be involved. Lots of movement.

Love the photo - I see a bit of Nick there.
Shades of the 80's hair.

3 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

What a fab layout! Love your stitching, twine and colour choice!!! :D

Connie Mercer said...

love the stitches you added, such a great detail!!! Fabulous LO!!!

Kimberly Kett said...

Loving the stitching and LOVING how you used that twine! GREAT layout!!