Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Stamping in the background....

I adore that balloon stamp and have used it for a lot of pages.
It never gets old.
I also broke out the stamps from Studio Calico - the skies the limit set
and used the clouds and sun from there to help
build the scene.
In full disclosure I tried drawing, cutting and painting clouds.
The stamps were the better option.
 I'm still having difficulties in stamping and because
this is the last of the gelato paper I used
on another page, well -it just has to work,
I stamped "rock the wall."
More or less.
 Of course I did it twice on two different words
because I'm consistent that way.
In my defense they are itty bitty fonts on wooden sticks.
 Love the fun cluster going here.
With more stamping.
You have to admire my tenacity.
The photo is beautiful in color however, it just
didn't quite work when this page came
together. I was going with all shades of grey and
my pal April suggested blue.
I of course used yellow with blue homemade enamel dots.
Mostly because I had more yellow than blue.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


4 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Lynn! Love the balloon stamping and the touches of yellow. Such a great color combo.

Connie Mercer said...

love the hot air balloon stamps. Great background you created :)

Holli said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nicey nice love it ...

Kimberly Kett said...

Great colours and I love how you used that stamp!