Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The color white has many different shades

I decided that I wanted to challenge myself and do an all white 
scrapbook page. I do have the perfect photo.
How hard can it be.
Well. I knew I wanted some flowers on there, but I wasn't loving the flower dies that came with the branches. It took a long time to find "white" ones. There is soft white, grey white, off white and only 2 white white. I tried to paint an off white flower and it looked "off white. 

After I put it mostly together on a design I had going on in my head I decided it looked plain and I wasn't sure how to fix that. I found that white enamel paint isn't "white white" nor gesso and I was afraid to slap it on there because I had a limited amount of this white bazzill cardstock.

WHITE RUBONS! Now I had to find them. So digging around in the old stash I found some Making Memories and did a sample that really looked good.

Embossing might have done it as well only I wasn't sure how to apply it to the majority of the page. 
I then discovered I had some "white white" puffy stickers from MAMBI as something more was needed. Also the corners I felt were a little bare.

I filled in the corners trying to not get real carried away.
Found some "white white" rick rack and from the scraps I punched
out some butterflies.

I also agonized over the alphas because I pulled out the ole white white thickers and didn't both sets  lack some important vowels with no way to frankenstein any of them soooo..... *head slap* 
I do have alpha dies. 
QK Emily came to mind and its perfectly girly for what I wanted on this page and eked out the letters, again from scraps.
The only color other than the shadows are Amelia's pretty blue eyes.
And yes..I went with angel eyes.
I couldn't be helped.
I used bazzill cardstock from my Studio Calico stash, Tim Holtz birdcage die, Sissix dies, Martha Steward butterfly punch, Paper Studio rick rack, Mambi puffies, MM rubons, Michaels wedding ribbons, Bazzill flowers and QK Emily alphas.

Another challenge: DO an all white page. 

3 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is fantastic and so striking, Lynn!

Lynne Goebeler said...

From a clueless, non-crafter, that is beautiful! :-)

gale said...

beautiful layout. The white on white looks very elegant!