Thursday, April 3, 2014

My darling sweet eldest son surprised me

for no particular reason and bought me a Sigma 30mm f/s 1.4 fixed lens. Totally blew me away and I'm beyond thrilled. Its his favorite lens and he thought I might need one as well. And I've had the best time playing around with it. I have to tell you I.Love.It. However, I'm used to a zoom/telephoto so I'm shocked when I have to actually get closer to the subject.

 I had a great time practicing. I haven't taken it off since I got it. And I need to practice WAY more. I collected these pine cones from my back yard and they're still hanging out though it may lean a bit toward Christmas. Well okay totally Christmas however, pine cones never go bad.

Love the lighting and how fun is this dancing daisy - all run by sun power. As long as the sun is shining and hitting the solar panel these babies dance all.day.long.

And how close I can get - more light and shadows. This poor foliage has been doing well despite my best efforts to kill it through neglect and high hopes.

Here is a Christmas cactus that will hopefully make it through neglect and high hopes because it doesn't need as much attention as the rest of the needy plants do. Like water on a daily basis.

Check out this new pineapple coming up. Its about our 8th in this season. Can't wait till it ripens. We have the best tasting pineapples ever. All organic. 

And fun flowers in front of the house. I can't remember what these are called. Love yellow.

And weeds. Who knew they could be so much pretty. And I love the depth of field. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! What an amazing gift.
ENJOY IT!!! Now we get to see even better pictures.

Connie Mercer said...

Don't you love it when that happens~ a surprise!!! Looking for more pic's with it:):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow that is lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet and thoughtful of your son! The resulting pics are fabulous!