Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A straw and a lift

My pal April and I were cyberscraping and she chose the page we should lift. She got it from pintrest and I traced it back to this blog; Teacher Jessy's blog

I took liberties of course to make it my own. I broke out the gelatos and went to town. I love the background which is a Studio Calico geometric pattern. I pulled out some old Basic Grey tags from all their collections -not worrying too much about colors since all BG's collections work together and the gelato colors I picked were sort of neutral. I love the whimsey of the straw and the pop of color. It brings your eye right to the title and photo and also the emblishment to the left of it. I believe I jacked the straw idea from Ashli over at Purplemailbox - she used one awhile ago.

I had to plant a flower over to the side because somehow I managed to put an inky fingerprint over there and there was no covering or cleaning it up.

Miss Amelia came to Florida to visit me and of course lil miss was photographed much to her annoyance I'm sure. She shouldn't be too traumatized since she's still being photographed. This is totally a flash from the past and she needs to visit again.

Parents optional :)


1 comment:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Awesome lift, Lynn! Loving all of the tag action!