Sunday, April 20, 2014

Stickers on a page

Stickers have come a long way baby and I have always
shied away from the obvious.
However, I wanted some shamrocks for
a St. Patrick's day page because well...I'm Irish so.....
I waited until well after St. Patty's day
to look for anything Irish. 
So there were no stamps, no punches nothing but stickers.

I bought 3 packs just in case.
Shamrocks and words and shamrocks oh my.

So I did lift a concept of Ashli's over at Purplemailbox. 
I love her butterfly page, the layering, the paints.
ooooooo well I sort of did that here - only somewhat backwards.

LOL.
I know you're surprised.

I layered on the stickers and I wasn't shy about it. 
They were transparent so using any dimension on them wasn't 
going to work unless there was a backing applied.
Which looked stupid.
And that is why there is that huge patch of washi there
covering up what didn't work out.
Gotta love washi.

So I used some gesso and watercolor paint. 
Studio Calico came through with the paper, alphas and
the Paper Studio stickers.
But not necessarily in that order.
I like it.

2 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You rocked the shamrocks, Lynn! Fabulous page!

Connie Mercer said...

love it, turned out great:):)