Sunday, March 24, 2013

The ad challenge at SNC

involved kissing. Although I had a lot of photos where kissing was involved, I decided to use this paper I had laying about for decades its seems. Its from scrapbour - the love letter collection. I have no idea how I acquired it, nor why I kept it so long. The photo is a picture of my mom and dad right out of high school, so very young, and on the back of the photo - my mom came through again, by marking December 31, 1952 and January 1, 1953 in such tiny writing I missed it the first time around.
 She's a hoot.
 Like maybe they didn't call it New Year's Eve back in her day. I love that they celebrated it so comfortably. And this was before they probably even thought about getting married. 
Now if you examine the photo closely, my Gram was all about decor back in the day and just check out the curtains, the sofa, the lamp. Her PARLOUR was indeed a fashion statement.
I love the way this photo talks.

3 comments:

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!!!GORGEOUS!!! love what you did with the background pp. JUST STUNNING!!!!

Connie Mercer said...

I think it is perfect!!!It came out gorgeous!!! Loving the background~excellent choice!!

gale said...

Beautiful layout. I love that paper-that is so cool.