Monday, October 31, 2016

A bit of background texture

Starting with some Tim Holtz and Jenni Bowlin stencils.
And of course mists.
I love the paper and the small blue pattern,
 it just needed a little something something more
and I finally got to use my spilled coffee stencil.
It's really a versatile stencil.
It's not just for coffee.
And those bows. 
When I have no mojo and lots of
2 sided scraps in the box,  I roll it through the diecut 
and just sit and make bows.
It's amazing how randomly making them and find they actually match.
 This combo was a "tag" I made ahead of time 
and it totally worked perfect with this page.
I watched an Inky Quill vid where she just pulls stuff out
and makes tags that can be used whenever.
So I made three - I didn't want to be an over achiever LOL.
So there are 2 left but I can only find one.
Maybe I used it already. hmm....
 I love those bows - they make me swoon and
of course those glitter hearts and
itty bitty enamel dots just set them off and really what more
is needed. Those itty bitty dots are Nuvo crystals that I
happened to pick up at my LSS and bought 4
colors, black was a given, and I also have the pink and gold (shown here too)
and some green, so I played around with different
sizes of all the colors on some wax paper and let them dry overnight
BUT before they dried the wind blew and ruffled some
stuff on my desk and some of the colors
got a bit mixed and squashed.
Anyhoo, I love them, so far.
The entire page needed something to bring it all together
and I used my cutter to cut these really really thin
pieces of cardstock to outline frame the page as 
I didn't want something overwhelming and these are perfect.
 The title is made from some word die cuts I got from Hobby Lobby
and I have used them previously as accents like word stickers.
Love this photo of Miss Amelia, she is so adorable and wild.
She needs to be a model.
Studio Calico & Bella Blvd papers.

3 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You had me at the bows! Love this! :)

Connie Mercer said...

Loved seeing you use some "jenni" sure miss her products!! Love your design. You rock the backgrounds!!!

Holli said...

oh those bows love love love them