Sunday, September 28, 2014

Heritage stories and a homemade tag


I found that as time goes on the stories of my ancestors evolve.
The people "in the know" aren't with us anymore to ask 
which is now where ancestry.com comes in and not all those green
leaves wave at the same time.
As more documents come on-line, hopefully, that's when the waving begins,
but you have to be careful, because the similarities of names, birthdates, circumstances abound.
I can't tell you how many times I got it wrong.

I do have hidden journaling on this page. Not because its really personal
but because I didn't want to clutter up the page with it.
I just didn't work it into the design.

Meet my great great grandparents.
Nils and Matilda (Pearson) Anderson.
Both immigrated from Sweden and both arrived in the U.S. in 1880.
Their marriage year is conflicting 1876 or 1879 and had six children living children.
One lost as a baby.
There was also a 20 year age gap between them.
Nils worked as a day laborer in the 1900 and passed in 1915 at the age of 81.
Matilda lived with her sons until 1933 and both are buried in 
Greenmount Cemetery in Philadelphia.

4 comments:

Jen Mc said...

Beautiful "heritage" layout.

Connie Mercer said...

wow gorgeous!!!! Love the leaves and branches. Great use of the Sizzix die:):) love it all!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wow! This is so stunning, Lynn! My new favorite page of yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool that you are researching and documenting your history! I have thought about ancestry.com but barely have enough time to blog, much less do that too! :-)