Monday, September 22, 2014

Stamping around

I received one of those brayer stamping rollers in my
Studio Calico kit and decided I really like it.
So, of course, I needed more.
I have a few now with assorted shapes on them,
and the one below is a chevron.
And I ran it all over the page using vintage photo distress ink.
And then I dug around in my stash for more stamps.
The adventure stamp, another Studio Calico Kit goodie and
popped that around. It also had the compass going on in the kit
and didn't that lend itself nicely for a travel page.
 I did 3 stamping sites.
The 3rd is covered up under the journaling that has all the layering love
going on.
Sigh.
And the Paper Issues swag bag - well if you aren't getting them,
you need to check it out = $9.99 + shipping
and you get a ton of lovely goodies to use on your pages.
The journaling cards, the anchor and lovely gold accents and star maps.
Then there's Jillybean soup. 
Yum.
So this is the second page in the "broken foot tour."
I know you didn't forget my broken foot that I whined about forever.
Well DH decided that to rest it - we should take a trip
to see the grandkids. Actually there are quite a few pages
from the broken foot tour - and they're all going together
in the album.
GASP.
And Niagra Falls.
And the Great Smokey Mtns.
It was a fun trip and a piece of the trip where we took the ferry across the
Delaware Bay to Cape May.
Upon exiting the RV, I had a heart stopping moment when
my camera/baby/expensive toy flew out of my hand
and landed on the cement deck.
I was beside myself.
Fortunately in checking out the damage only the filter on the lens
broke - the rest was fine - so I changed lenses,
wrapped that puppy around my neck a few times, 
just in case it decided to fling itself about again,
and enjoyed the ride.

Doesn't that lighthouse make you swoon?

2 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is fabulous, Lynn, from the background design, to your brayer work, to the layering and finishing touches! I'm so glad you're enjoying the Swag Bag. It's something I look forward to getting every month too. :)

Connie Mercer said...

Love the look. I think I need to join in on the swag bag:)