Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A few pages in the road trip album completed

As you may or may not remember I set up the
album/journal in advance and you can see it here.
All I need is to add do-dads, photos and journaling.
Should be easy, right?
Well........
 I brought WAY more supplies that last time
and breaking into them was 
a tad overwhelming.
At home, of course I have WAY more stuff but it has a place
and I can find it more or less without too much angst.
Not so much in the big box on a small sofa
with a 5x4 table - I couldn't remember which baggie I put stuff in.
Then when they made sense at the time of packing - 
not so much sense at the unpacking.
 Therefore, I got a smidge frustrated.
Which took the fun out.
However, I persevered and found a way to make the
goofy system I set up work and did
some rearranging as I went.
Hopefully that'll help next time.
 So I basically I scrapped the pages in order
of happening events.
Which is good.
I was even able to use the journaling from the pages
I've been writing on the blog.
 I'm using the Canon Selphy and it's a very cool road printer.
I'm able to print different sizes and more than one
photo on a 4x6 size photo paper.
It's not a cost effective printer for everyday - but on the road
its the perfect size and prints as good as my other Canon.
So far I'm really happy with all results - missing are the 
beach driving photos because I couldn't make a 
decision on the set up.
Not to mention NCIS LA came on and well.....
there ya have it - I suddenly couldn't do both LOL.

Everything is a mix of well...everything.
Studio Calico, Basic Grey, Paper Issues Swag bag, Recollections.

5 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Love that you can create on the go like this :) Gorgeous album and love the inside cover !

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is awesome, Lynn! Love the mix of inserts. :)

Holli said...

I love it! Awesomw job!

Lynne Goebeler said...

Lynn, you are so good about keeping up the scrapping and blogging while on the road. I think I have come to terms with the fact that I am not. ;-)

Murphy's Law said...

I just do it when I can and don't stress when I can't - in fact sometimes no internet is refreshing.