Saturday, February 19, 2011

NYC.......

When we visited Ocean Beach last year, we had a gift certificate to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill restaurant.

We were totally excited.

We wanted it to be a family thing.

As Chris and Melissa live there it was easy for them and they became the tour guides.

Tom and I road the double decker train into NYC and what a cool ride that was. We sat at the top and Tom was like a kid in a candy store. Liz and Owen (2) rode in from Westfield on the train. I was sooooooooooo impressed that they came alone (Kevin had a previous appt).

We met at the restaurant and the food was awesome. We all shared. Oh yum!

We had a great time, and Owen was sooooo good.

I got to do the wine thing. I was sooooo clueless.

And the dessert. Was delicious. And Owen got to blow out the candle in a banana (cute idea).

And then we walked back through the city. We parted ways in the train terminal each going in different directions. It was a long ride back.

What an adventure.

Pink Paisley, thickers, Amer Craft flowers, note cards from office depot.

7 comments:

  1. love this layout!! the colors are perfect with this photos!
    thanks for your comment on my blog....as always! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love big brackets on a layout! What a fun experience too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors are aaaamazing! :)
    Love this creativity you're whipping out and about!! AWESOME

    I am attempting to see if I can come and see you -- will you be available spring break time? I'll find the dates and we'll figure out something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute layout :) :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful trip! Bobby's restaurant sounds wonderful. Also, the layout is so nice. I like the pinwheels at the bottom.
    ksimonedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this layout- and Bobby's restaurant sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout and great story on the trip! You always have the great adventures! love hearing and seeing them through your pictures and layouts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...