Friday, December 31, 2010

Artist in Old Town

I cruised through Old Town a few times, and lo and behold there was this lady sitting in the shade on the bench. She was busy at her work and every now and then she'd look up to see what was passing her way.I cruised by a few times wondering how to photograph her when I had DOH! moment. So I asked her if she'd mind if I took her picture. I love her face. So she said wouldn't your rather photograph my art?
So of course I said yes, and she whipped out her portfolio and said "pick one." Sucker that I am I picked one. So for $20, I sat with her while she created a watercolor for me. Of course I took pictures, however, my settings were wrong. Imagine that.
Seriously, we chatted for over an hour on every subject under the sun. She was engaging, fun and sweet. I so enjoyed our time. She worked as a correspondent for Newsweek (retired), took care of her elderly parents and had her watercolors showcased at a local museum AND never married. She thinks Mr. Right is out there somewhere. What a cool cool lady.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

So very cool! And great pictures...even if the settings were supposedly wrong. :) Happy New Year!

Jessica said...

What a wonderful happenstance. I love her face too, and love that she is creating art! Your photos are lovely. :)

Linda Beeson said...

Isn't that sweet! You took some time to "smell the roses", I love that and she is adorable.

nfaband said...

Aww Lynn, what a cool way to pass the day, she sounds like a very interesting lady, leave it to you to find new friends everywhere you go.

nancy said...

Wow! What a cool experience! I bet you made her day.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS.
I LOVE YOU.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

~April~

Renee Lamb said...

what a wonderful story! I bet she was interesting to talk to! I'm sure it made her day to have someone to chat with so easily too! Makes my heart happy! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.