Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cyber scrapping rocks


Especially when its with a pal that loves a challenge.
April chose the lift - upper right corner in a 2008 Simple Scrapbooks Jan/Feb issue. It was a fun challenge. My page as you will recognize my favorite eldest son and my amazing granddaughter. I used patterned paper (studio calico) vellum, washi, and cutout card with some mist going on. I kept the title because it fit. Didn't do alot of journaling because it really doesn't need it.

April kept to the spirit of the page changing up the title and location of the heart.  We both kept to the 8.5x11 size.

The challenge of it was fun and I find it amazing that pages that were created "back in the day" still resonate today. They have a classic look, like the little black dress. Trends come and go but that little gem somehow continues to rule the day. The same in scrapbooking. I love the trends, but I feel it sometimes "dates" my pages. (Think 80's hairdos).
However, in 100 years from now, I'm hoping those next generations prize and cherish the pages I created and they will never know that A. The latest and greatest products weren't used, and B. Trends may or may not have been followed.