Thursday, August 9, 2012

A date - 1931

This page started out with the flowers. Spellbinders can be well a pain in the ass. However, I was let in on a secret. Use wax paper when running through the Sissix. Especially if they're intricate. 
So after the flowers popped all cool looking and the wax paper - 
I wanna do something with the wax paper too.
The page started forming with papers from my Swirly Doo kit. And then I found the photo of Gram and Grandpop on a date. 31 was written on the back and I'm so running with that as a year. It actually makes sense because they didn't marry until 1933. They were 30-31 which is kind of old for back then.
The "1931" I traced from Basic Grey chipboard and cut them out. You may all laugh hysterically when I tell you that I had to break out the craft knife. I'm deadly with a craft knife.
And it ain't pretty. Peach and black colors make it look distressed. Love that.
But I love the picture more. It doesn't look like a first date because they are at ease with each other.
Grandparents dating boggles the mind doesn't it. 

7 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

love this Lynn!!!!every little thing~awesome is what it is!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the color combo. Grest job!

Jess said...

i loove the colors..gorgeous! beautiful layout and journaling!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so beautiful, Lynn! The peach and black = awesome!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

I think it looks great!

Linda Beeson said...

What a cool use for that great little photo.

Anonymous said...

totally cool!!!