Monday, October 15, 2018

TN - It's been completed Sortof

I have found a couple more I forgot that need to be added.
Soon.
Working on those pages now. 


The Endeavor Shakedown Cruise as titled
you will see later.
I was gonna drag these out for a week, but it 
didn't make sense.
You're welcome!
 When I got to these pages in the book you may
or may not notice the thickness because I was
carried away by dimension.
It was at this point that I felt that dimension had
to go by the wayside.
 So these pages are a bit different.
I used stamping - that didn't go well on the above page.
I'm okay with that.
 I also tried to make as many 2 pagers as well and
employed the use of all that washi tape
I have and hardly used.
 Love that Tim Holtz bird stamp.
 I wanted a variety of alpha styles for the fun of it.
and I actually did most of the journaling
with Tim Holtz words.
 Using a Tim Holtz spilt coffee stencil and
then added a sticker and fussy cut
the cup of expresso (I'm going with because I don't
have a coffee mug)..
It was good coffee and liked that I got a sticker.
 Best BBQ ever had to be documented, eating at Jack's
twice. Nashville at night is a total honky tonk happening.
More washi tape and matched it up with
some cork alphas - I kinda like it
The stamps were fun to do and I finally got
to use some of those goofy puffy stickers.
 I did a white wash with watered down white paint on
the cork stickers as well as some kraft paper
to make it matchy matchy.
Every now and then I need some matchy matchy.
 It's been fun using up stash.
 I feel I was way more creative being home because
I had way more stuff and I could
actually use my wafer die cuts.
 Love the down by sea look of it.
 And you can never go wrong with googly eyes.
 Again, with Tim Holtz using his arrow stencil.
I daubed black ink over them, traced
with a black pen and then decided to not 
fussy cut them out.
 I really like how they turned out an felt
the arrows were all that was needed.
 The next title says it all.
The wooden nickel is from Patrick Henry's estate
but it just worked here.

AND TA-DA the finished product.
I felt the flamingo was required because
we do live in Florida.

And here is the thickness and it was making
me crazy toward the end of the book when trying
to scrap.
Sideways view.
So going forward I will need to think really hard
about using so much dimension in these
books. While I do love dimension, I really had a
great time creating these last few pages because for me
I had to think out of the box.

1 comment:

Holli said...

i love this book!!!!!