Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Shakedown cruise - The Endeavor has landed

We've been out and about since about July 24th.
Exciting times for sure starting with "the breakdown" on
the third day.


Since then we've had a few things that needed taking care of, like:
air conditioning in the front - it just quit so we
hung around in the New England states because the weather was
beautiful and no A/C needed.
Whilest hanging in New England, we visited grandkids
in NH and NY and hung out in the driveway with ourfriends in Maine.

We then "camped" in a friend's really big yard and had
a 50 amp hookup installed so all things ran really well and life was good.
We used the facilities in his garage so our tanks
didn't full thus not requiring a dump.
We have been here almost a month.
Since then:
our A/C has been fixed
tested the washing machine
and used our fireplace that takes away all
things damp and cold.

We have internet, personal wifi and are trying to figure
that out for the long term because I love
watching my scrapbook vids and that takes a lot
of bandwidth and bytes.
Right now I connect to my phone because it has
"unlimited" with personal hotspots as a back up.
It's working so far and we are out and about more so
that I'm not on the internet as much.

On working out.
I have been lazy for sure but I find doing it
alone is no fun.
Need to figure this out long term.
I'm hoping we'll be hiking and exploring and
that'll be a start.

We still have a lot of storage to figure out. Right now
there is minimal "stuff" aboard because we still
have our house and I am too lazy to run things back and forth.
Since we had an RV previously we have all the things we need 
such as dishes, cookware and utensils, bedding, etc.
However, we have a lot of favorite things we like to use and
those will be loaded up.

So far, it's been an easy transition but we still have a house
to return to so I'm waiting to see what emotions will be lurking
when we don't have that permanent structure to return to.

On the bed, the coach did come with a queen size select number
that rocks but we finally got the foam memory to add
to the mattress and oh my my.
Big diff in the sleeping.

I know you're waiting breathlessly on the scrapbooking part,
it appears I'll have my own little space that is
right behind the passenger chair and next to the "kitchen"
MY SPOT
 I will be able to take these 2 drawers and set them apart and instead
of the top that is on them now
I can take the architects desk (top only)  and
set that on top of the above drawers and that'll give me
some leg room and lots of room to scrap.
Of course the clutter will have to taken down to a mild roar
but I won't have to put everything back and I can
wander over and rearrange and tweak stuff. I do need
to whittle stuff down adding/and deleting to what I did
take which of course was all the wrong things. LOL.
And my brand new printer...need to figure how to work that
bad boy in. It's big. Canon Pro-100.

Then we had the breakdown on the return home.
Sort of the same thing with the DPF only different.
We were able to camp outside the fence at 4 star Freightliner
 virtually haunting
the techs till they got things done.
We had a lot of fun in the customer lounge getting to
all the others that were experiencing technical difficulties.
Another RV'r and a few truck drivers.
All have interesting lives.

On time alone, we found the
one time I actually took the car and went out
to shop alone where I was able to roam the aisles at my own pace
and Tom got to relax and enjoy the coach and ound that we
both appreciated that "time alone."
Learning curve no doubt that'll be a work in progress next year
when we hit the road for sure.

It is an exciting change and I find that I want to move things along to
 "get going on the road"
we have a lot of stuff to get rid of and then
it's the "return" or maybe "not return" for the winter
 that I have to wrap my head around.


No comments: