Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Less is more like the little black dress

I love this paper from Studio Calico and
when I laid this photo on it,
the photo just exploded off of it.
 I knew that a mat and bunch of layers behind the photo
would pull the photo away from
this gorgeous paper.
So......I decided to not mat the photo.
I know!!!
It's a really different look for me.
 I also decided to keep all embellishments to a minimum.
Until I tossed some of this sew easy copper 
thread around - I wanted some movement and the stars
on the paper are sort of a coppery gold.
Well I used some glossy accents to hold some of thread
in place and it left blots. (FYI...)
Well to cover up the blots I used some gold sequins wherever
 those blots were because you couldn't miss them.
A couple feathers, a tag from HL Spare parts some
paper issues swag bag stars and a Studio Calico phrase made
it all come together.

Lil Miss Annie at 3 years old - tying on her ballet shoes.

4 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Really cool page, Lynn! Loving the gold. The background reminds me of a beautiful starlit night.

Connie Mercer said...

Love this! so simple but says so much. Awesome design!!!!

Holli said...

absolutely beautiful...

Lynne Goebeler said...

cute!