Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mixed Media Journal

It is finally completed for our road trip.
I'm not sure I'm diggin' the cover - but this is going to be in an RV
for a couple of months - therefore its bound to get mussed up so
while its growing on me - if I don't like it when I return I'll do
something different - white paint covers alot of sins.

This was the original - and I just didn't like the way some of the flowers
turned out with the watercolors. Unlike the pages I didn't gesso it
and the colors soaked in - which was cool because it
looks rustic - except for the yellow that I tried to cover with a brown.
Inside there is a nice size envelope that I'll fill with
goodies - scissors, adhesives and maybe an alpha stamp set.
 I plan to fill the journal with ephemera from the trip
so I really don't need alot of embellishments.
Also, I think I filled the pages with enough embellies.
As  you will see.
 This is the page inside the journal cover.
I'll be on twitter - hashtag let's go (I'm thinking I need to add Murphy 
or you + me or something to specifically ID us in there)
Still pondering. 
What do you think?
This is the only page I used enamel paints on.
I decided I really was crazy about the texture and the it took
way too long to dry. 
So all the remaining pages have mists.
Lots of mist.
 And stamping.
I used alot of stamps that I had never ever used.
And die cuts.
 ooo oo another trick Dyan R. shared was to sop up the excess mist
with a tag - and don't they just add a little something-something.
 I used up alot of leftover embellishments.
I have a lot more to go.
 I also used some stuff that really is frivolous and fun.
 And this is the last page in the journal.
As the pages turned and got bulkier it was a bit harder to stamp
and some weren't sooooo great, but an art journal - 
I'm thinking perfection is overrated.
And the back of the journal.
My desk before.
My desk after.
With my new Studio Calico kit waiting in the wings.
 It was a lot of fun - and that journal had 100 pages in it.
All waiting.
It's enough room too if I can't put one day on one page.
I also have my favorite pens on order - Uni Jetstream 101's
in blue and black a multitude of them in boxes.
Blue is my favorite and I don't care what anyone says
it writes better than black - but black
is everyone's go to for journaling.
I'm thinking of going rogue and using blue.




3 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wow, this is fabulous, Lynn! You totally rocked the stamping and mixed media. Have fun filling it up with memories galore. :)

Connie Mercer said...

Looks amazing~ wish you were closer, I'm scared:)

Holli said...

OMG!!!! I want to do one amber and I are going on a road trip and that would be fun to do