Sunday, June 28, 2015

Changing course when you're not feeling the love

I love this sassy photo of Ms. Annie-girl and of course it was for
Memorial Day that just happened to be a pretty day in the
northern tundra.
I chose those papers and just wasn't feeling it.
Red, white and blue - don't get me wrong - I love the colors, I love
our flag and I'm as patriotic as the next.
But it was just too much.
And remember these papers were chosen for another project here that 
was kitted for a crop I attended and it didn't feel right then either.
I'm really really sure they'll get used someday. However,
that paper is gonna get its feelings hurt soon. LOL.
Rejected once again.

I decided to take matters in my own hands and
 make my own background paper starting with
some white bazzil cardstock.
I misted with red Heidi Swapp and then decided that it needed a bit more dimension
 which required a trip to Hobby Lobby because I did not
have a star stencil.
Starstencil Starstencil Starstencil (say that 3x's fast)
And of course they didn't have THE star stencil I wanted, however,
I found this Jenni Bowlin stencil that assured me it was a star BURST.
I could work with that.
And I needed navy blue ink of course.
Then I found the most adorable film strip stamp for under $2.
(that wasn't used here-but coming soon).
 I also ordered from Paper Issues - those adorable stars and arrows -
a cupid collection - that works soooooo well.
 And my homemade enamel dots - I know you'll be surprised
that I'm running out of some colors.
I'm debating as to whether I want to bake up more or just buy some.
Another Lawn Fawn badge purchase made it to the page and
I used up some old Authentique stickers by placing them around
in key places saying awesome things.
Of course I did dither around with the title
and you know how well I do titles.
I didn't want it to be real obvious and then decided
why not??
Bella Blvd stash was perfect along with some navy Jillybean
Soup alphas I purchased forever ago and never used.
Bought those adorable striped envelopes in different colors from HL
and it seriously worked very well with the doily.
Alot of new and old stash getting used.
Gotta love that.

I'm really quite happy that I changed directions because using that
other paper when I wasn't "feeling" it would've made
me crazy.
Short trip I know - but this is supposed
to be fun and how much more fun can it be doing it from scratch
getting all inky and misty
and then getting a Hobby Lobby run out of it to boot :D





3 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such an amazing photo and I love how you made it shine, Lynn! Fabulous page!

Connie Mercer said...

It's awesome**** love****

Lynne Goebeler said...

She's so cute and all patriotic on your page!