Sunday, February 15, 2015

A kitted page that wasn't completed til after the crop

If you read my previous post on the crop
And I know you did.
You'd know that I had an album to do - and its ta-done.
So I challenged myself to do the pages as I kitted after the crop.
Well.........
right out of the gate - the papers I originally kitted did
 not work out for this page.
While the those papers looked good,
they didn't look terrific with these 2 great photos.
So being the decisive person I am,
I changed my mind.
And as you'll see it worked out perfectly.
 Broke out some Basic Grey - actually boy papers 
but the papers had a fall/autumn color theme going on
and wa-la - there was some popping of the photos going on AND
ding ding I got to use that Autumn die cut
that had been rolling around in my die cut bucket for so
long - I thought it would get damaged.
And the Lawn Fawn badge - not much call for fall in Florida
but for kidlets from NJ - shazam.
 Some die cuts I pre-cut and of course I had the pick of the goodies
from the Paper Issues Swag Bag and darn
if it didn't look like fall.
Or sweater weather.
Sweater weather, sweater weather, sweater weather.
Say that 3x's fast :)

Went a bit old school in the design - such as matting the photos on
one mat, dividing up the photos with strips, and
crinkling the edges of the paper.
Used up some stash that I had laying around forever
such as the autumn flair badges - that took awhile.
The page worked out perfectly!!!
Love it when a plan comes through.
AS if.....

5 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

I love your use of pattern paper! I'm definitely pattern paper challenged but I am trying to come out my shell more. Love how you mixed everything here :)

Connie Mercer said...

You were right again to question the "paper"~awesome work!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Everything works together so beautifully, Lynn! Gorgeous page and it happens to be perfect for the current linky party at Paper Issues. Link it up if you can! :)
http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2015/02/new-issue-its-hip-to-be-square-with.html

janet said...

I just pulled out that striped paper for a layout!!! Love this page!! Gorgeous work.

Lynne Goebeler said...

Super cute kids pics!