Thursday, October 25, 2012

Create Wish Play

This album is a result of a 30 day challenge called Learn Something Knew by Shimille. I stumbled on it because I was stalking Mz. Ashli over at the Purplemailbox, fascinated as she deconstructed a smash book. So I had a couple of Junkitz chipboard covers lying around and decided that I'd lift it. I really didn't want to be too obvious (as if that ever happened) so I named it something different. THEN I went back and re-read the post.

And being the copy cat that I am signed up for the class after a few hundred days of deliberation. And now I was coming from behind. And it was totally not what I'd thought it would be. Not like I had a firm idea of anything in particular - 
I was just surprised. 

I found a packet of 8x8 papers called the Daily Grind by Fancy Pants and felt that it fit the bill. I then used a swift approach and made all the pages and numbered them accordingly - employing the KISS method. 

I figured I would then go back, read the prompts and proceed to pile on. Fortunately, Mz. Ashli was way ahead and on one of her blogs was shop your stash. Whew! I needed to do that because obviously there was not going to be enough of that packet to go around.

So I know you're going to be surprised when I tell you that some pages are out of order - number wise. Well, I was reading a prompt and the lightbulb went off, looked back, got confused and realized - wrong day. 

Because I put together the bones first and never thinking that I'd screw it up, glued the numbers on. So okay, what was I thinking.

LMAO...because that's how I roll.  And it worked out more or less. Since it was only a couple of prompts I just rearranged the pages out of order. Ta-da problem solved. Although future generations my wonder about me.

And then I decided on some that I was really overthinking things. Like TOTALLY.

And you can kinda figure out where in the book I figured that one out.

Fortunately or not, I skipped around. Since I was behind anyway, I gravitated to the prompts that I could do without a lot of thinking and left the hard ones for last. Which in looking back was really, really a dumb idea. 
Shimelle does this every year and because you paid for this session - you get the rest of the years she does this challenge FREE. Good thing there's a whole year in between I can recharge for because some of the prompts got me.

4 comments:

April Says... said...

you almost have me sold to actually go and read all of the prompts and construct an album...oh....maybe.

HILARIOUS that future generations MAY wonder about you *snort*

Gorgeous album, I looked @ThePurpleMailbox as well, that smash journal deconstruct was magnificent!! I have some deconstructed stuff laying around already, I may have to peruse the prompts that I have ignored...er...not started. (whichever sounds less lazy)

Connie Mercer said...

Love reading your posts girl, you get to shakin' my head { in a good way| The album looks fantastic and for SB out of order :):) it will work, Shimelle has great classes. I have taken more than one and do what I can and don't let it stress me out!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Your commentary always kills me, Lynn. :) Out of order or not, I think it's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

you are so funny! Love what you did with this! :)