Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What to do with overwhelming scraps

I wish I could say I thought of this but alas tis another
"steal" from soaphouse mama.
As you can see below my scrap box is overwhelmingly full
and quite annoying.
I decided that something needed to be done.
I took assorted scraps and tossed them into this adorable little album.
No rhyme no reason - just folded papers
I thought would work and then stitched them down the middle.
As I was sewing this one - I must've stuffed it too full
because in the middle my poor sewing machine lit up like a
Christmas tree and stopped.
I made some adjustments and managed to get it stitched but the 
back was soooo messy I added that binding to
make it look pretty.
Here is the inside and sorry for the blurries
I can't redo because I gave it to my friend Holli
who is in the process of scrappin it.
 As soon as she posts it - I'll link you up.

 Since there was still a lot of papers in that box
I threw together another one (for me) and didn't go quite as
crazy out of respect for my poor sewing machine.

Using scissors is not my friend right now and 
I gots the pooch mouth because my arm is out of commission 
more or less (tendonitis)
I am so not in the mood to do anything right now.

However, 
I was still not satisfied with the amount remaining in the scrap box
I decided to toss together a 6x6 album for the
little trip we'll be taking next month.
I was debating on using the album above, but I would
only have a finite amount of pages and then I would
need to be careful so I didn't run out.
I'll be seeing grandkidlets so who wants to ration pages.
 I used some chipboard for the cover that I need
to snaz up and then tossed
different bits and sizes of papers and PL cards in it.
 It really looks cool and some papers
have a white back that I'm totally fine with
as I'll have a place to journal.
And in this case I can just keep adding paper or PL cards
if I need as we travel along.
And ta-da.....
Here's what's remaining and it does look a bit
more manageable now.
Whew.
However, that adorable old basic grey baby paper
there maybe enough left of those papers 
to eke out another small album. 

5 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Such a great way to work the scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the book working steady on it hopfully ill have it finished by next weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the book working steady on it hopfully ill have it finished by next weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome.. amazing pages.. full of fun and colour.. BL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...