Monday, March 28, 2016

It was all about the heart cutout

The moment I saw this Recollections chipboard onesie hanging 
in Michaels that had the heart cutout
it became about making a shaker box with it.
In full disclosure it took a couple of times to get
the heart on the right side of the right side of the papers.
Right?
LOL.
What's a project without some issue.
I managed to have several.
 Anyhoo,
I am also not the best fussy cutter
nor a cleaner upper with a craft knife either
so getting the edges right was a real challenge.
 Then I dithered about with the pages flipping up.
Do I do the page where its read from 
that direction or do I want people to keep flipping it about.
I decided to roll with the flow however, now that upside
down shaker box was making me nuts.
Always something but I rolled through it.
 Then without thinking it all the way through
I decided a pocket page with tags would be the key.
Surprisingly, they haven't fell out.
Yet.
 So it was odd with all this space as I always
have done my baby albums 6x6 size.
 This is really nicer because bigger photos
can be used. The mats are 3.5 x 5 or 3x5.
 How freakin' adorable is that frog and again
with the tags. This time I put them on the right side. LOL.
 And the back, the end. 
The duck.

So this is the Echo Park Bundle of Joy kit and
I love this kit.
I have used it before but what was cool is that
not all kits are the same- similar though and I was
able to use old/new together.

Hopefully the giftee does not follow my blog.


6 comments:

Holli said...

Omg! To stinkin cute she is going to love it!

Holli said...

Omg! To stinkin cute she is going to love it!

Murphy's Law said...

You weren't supposed to look. LOL

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so sweet, Lynn! Adorable!

Ali said...

Absolutely 100% adorable!! Sweeter than sweet with the darling details. What a lucky recipient! :) ~ Ali (BL)

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable. Great album Lynn. Deb x (BL)