Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Layers, Stitching & some Stamping OH My


I love how that title just rolls off the tongue. Well okay - it's pretty well known I'm easily amused. And I wish I could say I was amused in building this page. It was a drive-by that started before I left for Thanksgiving. And there it was taunting me when I returned. From the cold tundra. With a sinus infection.

WAH WAH WAH !!! LOL!!!

 So here's a sneaky peak at all the layering that went on and use of negative space.

Of course it wasn't until after I glued everything down, along with pop dots that I decided it needed some stitching. I creatively curled the remaining thread around the tag to hang at the bottom to throw you off in thinking that I meant to do that.

:)

It totally worked right???


Then I had to find a photo.

So in order to keep the ole triangle going I stitched the arrows at the top and through the title at the bottom, and that means I can't be changing my mind about the title, and I really don't want to. 

I was trying to use the brick wall as a grafitti thing and I'm sure its been done. However, I am not at all confident in my drawing ability and I couldn't make up my mind about stamps to use so being the decisive person I'm known to be, I decided to use the grafitti paper that was in the kit. I'll go out on a limb and figure that's why Studio Calico put them in the kit.

A total win-win.

And maybe you'll notice that there's something I normally always do on a page - that I've not done on this page. 

3 guesses :)

Everything is Studio Calico & from their kits;  except pink paislee, sissix dies, washi tape.

4 comments:

Holli said...

great page love the stiching.......

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Look at all of that awesome layering! Love the negative banner piece!

all the days of our life said...

LOVE it!!! Love the tag, the banner and the layering all looks great!

Connie Mercer said...

I always have my photo first~love that you can create without and then find the photo. This BTW is amazing!!!