Monday, December 9, 2013

I'm having a gold rush totally unintentionally

At the same time I'm having a transparency gala as well.

This is page 1.

Not only that I have some Wilna action going on behind the golden doily.

Gelatoes. She added them to some tissue type paper, matched them to her mists and then toned them down with water.

I didn't do most of that.

The white cardstock has some embossed bumps on it and I spread the gelatoes on and then found some mists that sort of matched. And then I was stumped because it looked odd - to me.  The white c/s is 7.5x7.5 and is backed with some baby paper that I've had forever. It doesn't look like baby paper there.

I found the Hambly transparency while I was looking for something else, and it worked on half of the page, introducing the gold.

WELL...

The gold doily from the Studio Calico kit became a great mat and hid most of the gelatoes. And that's ok. AND then I found I had only ONE golden butterfly. Before I got to the golden doily, having the transparency on there without covering up edge made me crazy so I whipped out some of rick rack from Creative Cafe.  (I'm really using some stash up here-go me).  I'm glad now that I used white because it sort of fades into the background now. The sticko's alphas were perfect. I have never used them before and I like them better than thickers because they don't fly off and stick everywhere but your page). These babies are polite they want until you take them off the backing - oooohh & aaahhh. However since I have A LOT of thickers to use up I won't be going crazy on the stickos.

I found some more golden Hambly paper and made a little tag for writing down the names of all the cousins on the couch. OOOOO that would've been a great title too. I'll have to remember that.

2 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Look at all of the pretty gold! Beautiful page, Lynn!

Connie Mercer said...

are you kidding~it is gorgeous. It looked like you did all that:):) like Wilna!!!