Friday, March 16, 2012

Scrap your stash over at

I've done this photo before and I really just love it.
I was going to use the original until the design changed.
On the back of these old timey photos are like post cards.
Someone, and I'm guessing maybe grandmom or Aunt Ruthie wrote their names in,
And then Ruth is over where the addressee is. I'm thinking each kid
has this photo and their name is on it. I happen to have Aunt Ruthie's. 
Probably passed on by Aunt Sue, but I'm not sure because Gram had pictures too.
My Grandpop is the fellow all the way over to the left by his mom.
They are a wild and motley crew. 
A beautiful family.
I find it interesting that grandmom's 2 bachelor brothers are included.
And Uncle Augie and Oxyl were always close to each of their neices and nephews.
I was blessed to know them as well as my Great Grandmother.
So in order to see the awesome handwriting in the design change I added a hinge
which involved brads and punching holes.
And because I didn't want to ruin the integrity of the original
I printed another copy and used that.
Foo-fa-la makes me swoon and I'm glad I stocked up on it
many years ago. Stash doesn't get any better than that.
I still have some left over.
I know you're surprised. 

6 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a wonderful page, Lynn! So cool how you preserved the writing on the back!

Jscraps4u said...

Awesome idea Lynn...and the layout is positively stunning!

April D said...

very pretty layout and great idea!

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful-I have that paper too!!!Great idea to make the copy of the orginal. :):)

Linda Beeson said...

What a great idea, you would not want to cover up that handwriting.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Ooh! Loving the Foof! I have that in my stash! Great way to make the oldies seem fresh and new!