Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I have three books going on - more or less

I know right.
Well...downsizing is the word and I am gonna 
have a scrappy area in the RV so now I have begun
to whittle down all things scrappy and I have
sold ALOT at our yard sales. So using
what I have chosen I decided to go back to my "roots"
more or less.
If you've been with me for awhile, I adore all things
ancestry.com and heritage photos and the stories that go with.
Well. 
That'll continue, but I miss that style.
The Tim Holtz, heritagy stuff.
Hard to explain.
I shall therefore, give it a go, because well no guts no glory.
LOL.
This book/album is a $4 or less flat page lying, 
"mixed" media kraft type of album that was an impulse by at Walmarts.
(Not even in the scrapbook area)
I knoooowww. I'm a renegade or what.
So far this is the front and it's staying that way.
So this is my heritage-album.
 I'm still feeling my way and I had a leftover leaf from
another page I made - here.
For some reason I decided the backside of the front of
the book need to be decorated. Therefore, I used watercolors and "shazam" it
didn't bleed through, however, it doesn't count since it's
the front of the book and it's pretty thick.
I put this page together - no photo involved and didn't
that surprise me too.
I'm feeling my way to a "mixed media", junk journal or use
it anyway I want to type of journal.
 Using TH stuff of course.
 I rolledl the same way with the second page
popping some stuff up a smidge.
 Because who doesn't love dimension.
I added a doily and some Creative Imaginations stamps.
 Again using watercolors because I really needed a second opinion
on the bleed through and I can safely say, no bleeding.
I'm really happy with these 2 pages and
they have set the tone for the rest of the journal.
I am using the Travelers Notebook for highlights, and I have
a mixed media going on, sort of like a junk journal
and both will be making an appearance soon.
Well actually four albums/books - because I am also going
to have an 8.5x11 album as well because sometimes you just need bigger.
I do have to confess I miss 12x12.

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

Love it!! Great idea ~ love the vintage photos you come up with.