Saturday, December 1, 2018

Part 1: When your mom goes wild with stickers

Un-DU is your friend
Especially she plopped stickers on original photos with such 
wild, careless abandon that made her really happy 
 it was hard to be annoyed.
Mostly.

I have started the process of removing these stickers
and it was a bit time consuming
especially when one's bottle of Un-DU was
running dry and mom's stickers
were made of really stern stuff.
But alas, I persevered and it doesn't look too bad.
So how did she get an originaly photo when I
was and am the keeper of all things original in photo land?
Especially one of favorite eldest son being absolutely
adorable with his 3 teeth smile that makes his eyes shine
and sitting in a tub grasping a wash clothe.
It appears she was sneakier than I thought.

And how did I forget this photo !
 I did find the photo in my digital files,
 but no scrapbook page exists 
unless it's in 
"that will never ever see the light of day, much
less human eyes ever gazing upon it" album/book,
especially when said book that has pages just likes the one's I'm
picking on mom about (although one of us grew out of it).
 LOL.

Sigh.
I did pull her page apart to salvage the photo (more
on that later) and didn't take a picture of it.
Sigh.

Stay tuned for part 2: When your mom goes wild with deckle scissors.
Oh yeah and it ain't pretty.

Sorry for being MIA for awhile but I really wanted, needed,
had to have a break.
And now its over. Until Christmas and
downsizing gets wild again.


4 comments:

Holli said...

This is going to be fun watching it unfold..

Lynne Goebeler said...

How is the process of going fulltime? Have you sold your house yet?

Ps: we're doing it too! House goes on the market tomorrow...keeping it a little quiet for now.

Murphy's Law said...

Wow!! We're waiting until January to put up for sale and hope to be on the road by April, because everyone winters in Fla and there'll be no room LOL. Anyway, we've had a couple of yard sales and still have more to find homes for. It is actually kind of freeing to get rid of STUFF. The hardest for me to part with were my books.

Lynne Goebeler said...

Amen to the sentiment about getting rid of stuff! We've sold some stuff (again) to declutter and stage the house to sell, but much more will have to go once the house sells. Fingers crossed, and good luck to you too!