Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to my Roots.....

As I've pointed out before, This journal has turned evergreen. As information pops in or I find photos that either were previous hidden, family members share, or couldn't figure out what to do with them before, I return to the scene of the crime and attempt to add them in.

That's what the journal looked like ------------->
I used My Mind's Eye, Paint - tried to keep it from being REAL lumpy. I have torn it apart and it now resides in a 3 ring binder. I'm trying to decide if I now indeed need to revamp the entire book.

Help Me!

This s a great photo. And an original. On that page is also my Aunt Florence's handwriting telling WHO is there. Its a way better photo of my great grandfather - Pappy. And HE is the one I found more material on, although some can't be confirmed but the data matches. Who knew?

I also found a photo of Pappy's grandson. Named for him. Stanley.

Good looking dude too. There are alot of blanks
that I'm sure will be filled in.

Since I don't have anymore MME. I just wasn't thinking ahead. I bit the bullet and used some Crate Paper. I have decided that what I use isn't as important as just getting the information in there right now. I'm not real happy with these. I'm not. So being the decisive person I am. I'm still waffling about this. (Comments welcome-honesty a plus-really).

As I alluded to earlier A TOTAL REVAMP may be in order. YIKES.

3 comments:

  1. I think if ir was me I would stay with the 3 ring binder~just for the fact you can add easily as you come across info and pictures of your families history. kudos for tacklling such a big project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what your question is, is it if those other papers look OK with the first papers? I think it looks wonderful. I can see why you would want to keep things uniform but you can do that with other collections of papers. LOVING the treasures that you are finding.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...