Thursday, July 13, 2023

The beginnings of Vol 2 of my Travelogue Album

Fortunately I purchased a couple of these albums ahead of time
and it paid off as noted in this post.
This is a 6x8 chipboard album that I get at Hobby Lobby.
HL is reducing their scrapbook products sadly and
I'm hoping they continue these.
It comes with page protectors and of course extras
that can be purchased.
I do gesso the entire album prior to slapping paint on.
So I happen to be a fan of Susanne Rose Arts and she
does alot of journals, artist cards, mixed media, stamping, etc.
So I looked up acrylic paints and she
does some really cool things finger painting it on.

So I did.
I used every paint color I had.
🤣

And I love the results.

Well now, it needed something BIG and COLORFUL.
Thankfully, I didn't give up some of the 4x4 Quickutz dies
because I was going SMALL.
Anyway I'm glad I kept this flower and swirling thing.

I also did some stamping on the background and sploshed it
with white flecks using the toothbrush method.
I love the look but it is quite messy because it goes EVERYWHERE.

I also decided on the front cover to use go with two flowers
I did each flower a different way - one I used
the die cut remains as a "stencil" which went well
BUT
I am not the best painter and it was hard to stay in the stencil,
so I decided to trace the cut out and still
had the same problem staying in the lines.
I decided not to put a flower on the back, but just use some
reandom stamping.
I really LOVE the '70's psychedelic vibe.

I also made an opening page - using the tag
to journal that this is part 2.
I really wanted Oregon to complete the first album,
but it would make it too bulky so
now its Oregon part 2.




 

2 comments:

Valerie! said...

Oh wow!! This is so cool! You are very creative!! I too love the 6x8 size and I’m doing my Project Life 2022 in that size. Your painted color with the hippy vibe is awesome!!
Are you scrapping in your camper? We moved about 100 miles away from where our RV is parked (we share it with my brother in law) so it hasn’t gotten much use from us at all 🥺.
Can’t wait to see your Oregon album complete. Thanks for sharing.

Murphy's Law said...

Thank you so much for commenting and checking out my blog. I do scrap in our RV as we live in it full time. In order for me to go full time I told hubby I needed my OWN area and he was gracious enough to put it all together for me. I had to whittle down a lot of stuff so I only kept stuff I'd know I'd use a lot. I have added to the stash and now its dangereously close to overflowing LOL. Before living full time- we had smaller rigs where I carried the minimum amount of stuff to scrap those trips as we went along. That took some juggling. Love our gypsy life.