Monday, July 10, 2023

Travelogue Vol 1

Another one in the books while on the road - it's just getting
way too fat.
It has also come to my attention that maybe I should name
my albums.  I do name the albums in photos so I can can track
by state and this one is named
 The Aspen Trees in Bloom Tour
because hubby wants to see them. 
I'll be adding that to the album cover.

I got bored with using the same page protectors - so I 
purchased some different ones.
At first this 12 2x2 page baffled me until
I found those cute calendar 2x2s - coming
from a baby 6x6 pad I purchased.
How cool is that.

I also purchased some 6x8 page protectors but I
really didn't use them much.
I need to change that.

I also love making my own project life cards.

Keeping ephemera - such as the maps they give
you at the campgrounds so you can find your spot.
Also has lots of cool information too.


New baby grandson ❤️
And in that envelope is a recipe for pickled
beets in my dad's handwriting.


Favorite youngest son was married in Vegas.
Like mama like son.
🤣

We had a bit of mishap on the road when our tow bar broke.
It could've been so much worse- we were blessed
because we were only a couple hundred miles from
the Blue Ox headquarters where we were invited
to come hook up spend the night and left
with a brand new tow bar - free of charge.

Sturgess was fun - and we went off biker season because
that would've been a hot mess.
OH and that South Dakota PL is actually their state flag.

My hubby purchased a new purse for me.
I love it!

And sometimes the photos need to go in sideways.
I am learning to do portrait instead of landscape all the time.
Learning curve.
OR
I print them 4x6 and most of them look okay trimmed to 3x4.






And then favorite youngest son managed to 
get flung over a the handlebars of a scooter and
ended up in the hospital with a traumatic front lobe
brain injury.
He is doing very well now. 
Still needs rehab - but he's alive.




Love cruising the towns and coast and take lots of picures
every now then a cool lighthouse or deer
jumps in the camera lens.

I also found the 12 2x2 page protector
can hold a bunch of pictures 
that keep the bulk down to a mild roar.
Mostly.


Favorite youngest son, while recovering came with
his wife to camp with us in Oregon (that was scheduled
to happen the day after he had his accident.
We had a lovely celebratory time.
We did walk a couple miles each day around the marina
and it was such a wonderful time. 
Chatting.

Because Coos Bay was special I decided
to end that part of the album because
we motored on up to Waldport and they
went home for more recovery.

Love how this album turned out and I am
in the process of creating a new one.
I love this size - it's easy to roll with when we're
on the road. 
Hopefully HL will keep making these chipboard albums.
I just need to find different inserts to keep
it from getting boring and stale.


 

4 comments:

Tara O said...

Wow! This turned out amazing!

Valerie! said...

I absolutely LOVE your album!! So creative. I'm sorry about your son's accident and I hope he recovers quickly.

nfaband said...

So much work in yet another of your beautiful albums. I wish I could just sit down and do this type of album, but I get started and a few pages in I quit, maybe my life isn't interesting enough, LOL. Glad to hear Shane is doing better, how scary that must have been for you. Would love to hear more about how you make your own project life cards, I just gave away boxes of them, but I kept on to cut down and use as bases for ATC cards which I'm loving again. Thanks for sharing all your crafting with us, I tell you all the time I want to create like you do one day. :-)

Murphy's Law said...

AW Tania thanks so much, I love your pages and cards and they are beautiful. And your life is exciting, you are quite the chef and your a new grammy lots to scrap. Shane was very scary - but he is doing great now! I have limited space so I can't keep a bunch of PL cards, and its a lot of fun making them- I kind of treat them like a s/b page and also, I have time to mess w/them and having limited space it makes that kind of necessary. I just love that I can tailor it to my needs.