Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Death Valley - Scrapped

I wanted a pocket page and I think I'll
be doing a lot of them 
because I'm collecting a lot of the 
National Park maps and guides.
I want to keep them.
It'll be neat for future generations to see them
and hopefully, want to go see.
 Recollections Kraft and Black. 
I actually did the scallops myself and lines
were needed.
I also purchased that Death Valley coin.
Isn't it perfect.
Got a lot of layers going on using Tim Holtz. 
There is hidden journaling there carrying the red
color and the green, how cool is all that.

So this is a photo of Tom out on the salt flats
and he picked up a chuck which has
been fussy cut out (as a photo) and used as part
of the layering only because whole it
dominated everything. 

Anyway, the chunk Tom picked up was solid and
extremely salty.
Of course, we tasted it. 

3 comments:

Holli said...

i absolutely love this page and the chunk of salt adds a great touch

Connie Mercer said...

love pocket pages:)

Susanne said...

Nicely done, you've incorporated a couple of clever ideas here - the hand drawn lines and the photo as a layer.