Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Nubble Lighthouse with dramatic skies

I love lighthouses they make me swoon.
As we (me and my pal Gail) were walking toward it
I was really excited because it looked so cool.
 As we got closer it became apparent that we weren't
gonna get up close and personal with it because it sits on an island.
If you look over to the left of the photo on that first telephone
pole looks like a zip line is employed to get across beause
it doesn't look to accessible even by boat - maybe on the other side....
 Lots of really cool rugged rocks and would the sea
cooperate by splashing up the rocks.
Nooo.....which would've been cool with the dramatic skies.
This lighthouse was built in 1879 and is still in use today
along with a foghorn that sends a warning out to passing ships.
It's on an island off of Cape Neddick point and stands
88 feet tall and is on the National Register of Historical Places as
the Cape Neddick Light Station. 

3 comments:

Holli said...

Makes me swoon.. love light houses great pic my friend.

Lynne Goebeler said...

Beautiful Lynn! I've missed your posts. Have you been just enjoying your travel without blogging? (Gasp!) Teehee...

Murphy's Law said...

Didn’t have much to blog about and dicey internet. Lol