Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Chronicles of a driveby page - Day 4, 5 & 6

In case you don't remember.
Day 1
Day 2
I also thought to spare you individual posts.
Even I couldn't take it. LOL.
Day 3
DAY 4


And here we are making some progress now that I liked the "base".
I keep a box of precut diecuts  and orphans laying around to pick through
at times like this.
Its also a great way to jumpstart the mojo by just randomly
picking out papers and diecut shapes and commencing to whacking.
IN that box 
I found a black circle, a 1" circle, a star and feather.
I quite like that little cluster but.......I'm not married to it.
I then decided that some red was necessary and added some washi
tape barely peeking through
under the photo bottom left and right under the notebook punch along
with a bit of burlap for texture.

DAY 5

Concentrating on the bottom half - I decided that I wasn't crazy
about the star and changed it to a heart and
found the stamped "hello" in the box from another
project where it didn't work out.
So that brought the white and black from the circle down.
The heart also brought the red down.
Of course the white and black needed to be repeated at the top
and I found a photo corner - another project reject and tucked it in
and then curled the thread around to make it more
threadier.
Broke out some red homemade enamel dots.
I used some vintage photo ink around all the edges to give
the different embellishments some cohesiveness.
And I let that sit as company came a-calling.

DAY 6

As I happened by my desk I found I wasn't buying the red heart thing.
It was then I remembered I had some 7 Gypsies
hardware - Why did that take so long you ask? Well....
its been awhile since those type of embellishments were called
for I actually forgot I had them.
I used to use the 7G's stuff on almost every page.
And then I moved on-more or less.
I dug into the bag and found some bronzey 
"cogs" and placed them around -
highlighting them with my homemade enamel dots
Nothing has been glued down as yet - but its getting closer.
Shocking I know.
And as you know - titles do not come easily - so........
I'll be pondering that - 
I appreciate you staying tuned.
:)

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

looking good~ the title will come.....