Friday, October 21, 2011

the Blue Angels totally rock

and their show was amazing.
This is Fat Albert. It's a huge plane and
carries all the techies and tools required
to keep the Blues up and running, ready to fly.
 Fat Albert takes off and does some tricks to keep
your focus off what's happening on the ground as the Blues
get ready to begin the take off sequence.
 I got some pretty good shots by sheer dumb luck.
Because they are FAST......F/A 18's.
Below is their infamous diamond formation.
The angle really blws me away as to how close they are.
 They change up their show just to keep you on your toes.
And the "center" point changes.
So you really have to be on your toes.
The crowd helps because everyone is watching for them.
And you'll get a heads up for tracking purposes.
I kept my finger on the shutter, pressed half-way,
and continuous mode of course.
There are also two solo flyers that fly by
so there's always some action.
 The precision and timing just blows my mind.
And it never ceases to take my breath away.

7 comments:

Jess said...

amazing..wow! great shots!

sue said...

those are some really great shots!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Wow, you DID get some amazing shots! Great job on these!

Connie Mercer said...

The shots are great~I have been to several air shows and enjoy them too!!! I'm at 280 ~

angie gutshall said...

Fabulous pictures!!

nfaband said...

Wow Lynn, those are some fantastic shots, how fun to get to be a part of that day.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

They are so amazing. We had a chance to see them over the summer. You got really great shots!