Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In closing

I finally got April's journaling challenge done over at Moments!!! The Challenge was to Journal a Message. I had to ponder this a bit and decided to go back in time when snail mail was the only way to correspond. Because I was a bit chatty on this one (insert eyeroll) I put together a hybrid. Kraft paper which I love and a pop of color for my boy. QK Journaling (which I love and have been overusing lately (but can you really overuse something that cool.)

Journaling: I was 15 when my parents moved us to Florida and I was NOT a happy
camper. I was also incredibly homesick. I missed my friends, I missed my
home, I missed my grandparents.
Letters between my gram and I flew back and forth daily. 
When she closed her letters she would sign off with
Be Good
Be Sweet
Be Mine
Which evolved into the 3 B’s for short. And it went it in both directions.
I also used the 3B’s in closing when I wrote to Nick those times he stayed with his dad.
UNTIL
Nick enlisted. And served in Kosovo and Iraq. (He’s currently doing his
third tour now). I began a new closing on the same premise. The 3 S’s. 
Stay Safe
Shoot to Kill
Show No Mercy
He was/is in harm’s way, and while I knew the 3 B’s were a given, I wanted
to make sure he had a mantra in his head to keep his bad self safe and to 
come home in one piece.                                                                    
                                                                                                                    So, in closing, 
                                                                                                                           3 S’s
                                                                                                                     Love, Mom

6 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

love the 3 B's and understand the 3 S's. Great layout Lynn!

Linda Beeson said...

The way you did the title is so perfect!

hilde janbroers said...

great on the kraft!!! love it!

nfaband said...

Awesome ... awesome ... awesome, you totally always rock these challenges, sometimes I wish I had a mind like yours.

Marlene said...

Oh wow...this is awesome. LOVE the kraft paper.

April Says... said...

*sigh of looooove*