There are several things I learned in the Bahamas and I'm sharing them with you....why? because its my blog. Snort.
1. There is Island time and Your time.
Island time ALWAYS wins.
My advice: patience grasshopper.
2. Straw markets are EVERYwhere and those ladies can teach sales 202.
They will take your money in no time flat you have a handful of stuff you'll never use again (unless you return), AND you'll be HAPPY to part with your money. AND they'll have YOUR life story, the name of all your kids and relatives down to the nth generation. Trust me.
My advice: gird your loins, guard your wallet.
3. The Bahamians are very open, fun, relaxed and funny and they love to engage. They love to talk, dance and did I mention dance and talk.
My advice: have a blast with them. It's not personal.
4. The Bahamians are VERY proud of their country and it doesn't matter where you are or what mode of transportation you take, you'll get a history of their country. Very cool. (And some earn their living on the tips you give them from said knowledge).
My advice: we need to bone up on American history, sheesh. And I'm just competitive that way, lol.
5. They LOVE food. Anything fried actually. AND its de-lish when you go local.
My advice: do NOT break out your WW point book, it'll break your heart. lmao....