Thursday, November 7, 2013

Last but not least....

and in full disclosure I was going to continue in the Halloween vein and I dithered about some being the decisive person I am. I also wanted to pack up by 5 p.m. because I was beginning to stiffen up so time was a-tickin' away.
I pulled out this kit (which was the one kitted at the same time "princess wave" was and begun to assemble the page. 
And I was getting frustrated because it wasn't coming together right.

I had a vision in my head. I was good with all the papers- just not how they should be adhered. Once that was settled I wanted to use the vellum again - in order to cut down the busy-ness but to also continue with the soft colors. 
I wasn't happy with the flowers I chose. And the rubons I used made me crazy. I dug around in K&Co and found that flower and I liked it but the bird brought in another color.
Heavy Sigh.
At that point, I called it a day because I was done.
I completed it at home, and changed up the pink and blue flowers to the lovely cream. I found that @ (for Annie) quite by accident and it was perfect because I totally went braindead on a title. I kept the K&Co flower because that corner had alot going on that needed covering and found some Kaiser craft gems and pearls that brought in the yellow/gold color. There's also cream magic mesh tucked behind the photo for texture and mostly to help with the rub on.
And then I found that itty bitty tag from Studio Calico and tucked it into the flowers.
It says "you crack me up."
Perfect :)

studio calico pp, basic grey pp & tag, k&co, kaiser craft gems, bazzill flowers, unk @

4 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome work!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so soft and pretty, Lynn! Love the mixed border!

Connie Mercer said...

are you kidding~it is beautiful, but I know what you mean, sometimes "we" spilt hairs on things. It has to be perfect!!! It really does look lovely. I don't see the things you do:))

Holli said...

perfect LO.. love everything about it