Thursday, August 22, 2019

My new Traveler's Notebook.

Finally finished the previous one and needed to begin
a new one. I really like creating them myself 
because I can make it the size I want - but most importantly.
RINGS.
It allows for dimension, which I love,
however, I'm reallyreallyreally trying to keep it to a minimum.
😂 
Using some transparencies from the "I have no clue department
as to the mfg" 
but they look cool and go with the washi-tape.
I used some old cardboard box "lids" -
not quite "fitting" the size I want to roll with, so I've
used washi tape
around the edges to "finish" it.
I'm going to try to document more, better journaling.
Some to be seen, some to be hidden.
Hidden in this case means - NO room on the page
if I get windy LOL. 
 I decided layers would be fun - but I wanted
this post to be a bit private.
(yet I'm sharing with you).
 Love those layers, and the envelop for journaling.
This is to document the spreading of my mom's ashes
that was a long time coming.
All the pages are held together by that adorable butterfly
so you have to undo them to see what's behind the layers.
 I printed random, small photos, that may or
may have nothing to do with anything.
Concentrating on better journaling,
 taking random photos taken on the fly
or those photos I've stopped and taken
my time to get to go with the better journaling.
It all started with my rereading the "featured post"
at the top of and to side of my blog.
I had no idea how waxed poetic I was with that
post and found I really liked it.
Of course it may be an unrealistic goal but
what the hey - I have time,
if only the brain will start cranking. LOL.
Love that fish popping its head out of the water 
 determined to get the food being tossed by my
main man mostly to stir them up.
I documented that somewhere else, but I like
using the photo to document how long we've been
"on the road" - taking our house with us
wherever we go and taking our time
 to stop and smell the roses and breathing.
Enjoying the sights and scenes 
while flying down the highways and byways.

I've been using lots of leftover scraps, negative 
punched out papers, and hopefully using up one 6x6
paper pad at a time.


2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Lynn this is super cute!!! love it!!

Holli said...

omg!n look at those layers love them>> i love the hidden stuff too and that butterfly to hold it together makes me (swoon)