Saturday, November 25, 2017

A Piece of History

Right below where we parked, we noticed a motel with a
wreath hooked on a balcony with
2 white cars parked in the lot.
It hit me that this was the place that Martin Luther King
was assassinated.
So down the steps I ran.
 The motel is part of the National Civil Rights museum
in Memphis.




Right across the street is this gorgeous mural of all 
the people that helped the cause.
I would've loved to have gone through the museum but
we were there right at closing time unfortunately and were
not going to be back in the area.
But now we now - when we go for ribs - go earlier.
However, I'm glad to see what I did.

2 comments:

Holli said...

this is so cool.... i love living your adventures thank you for sharing

Lynne Goebeler said...

Great pics of an iconic location!