Thursday, July 29, 2010

Flashback Friday 7.30 "Dream"

And can I say that Pink Paisley rocks. yum. unknown stuff on there and I should know it but CRS is a bitch. Anyway, the challenge was to do a layout on ritual, tradition, routine. This was on my list to do and wa-la its ta-done. However on the down side when its MY TURN to think of a challenge for FBF I'm gonna be SOL. bwahahaha. tis life. Shane was so adorable. Gram was so like why didn't I do this sooner. However, in the entire scheme of things and all things God driven. It happened when it should've happened. And I'm so blessed that she was in my kidlets lives and they KNEW their great grandmother. If you look over my previous FBF projects you'll know she was not only a KEY person in my life but she (and my grandfather) was totally beloved by me. They have set the bar high and I can only hope to do the same for my grandkids and greats. journaling: When Mammy finally came to live with us in Florida, she stayed with me and the kidlets until mom could get set up. My kids loved having her with us and at the end of the day, we started a tradition. Shane decided that mammy needed to be tucked in at bedtime and that he would be the one to do it. After pulling down her covers, he’d tell mammy she could hop into bed now, and he hopped in right behind her. He made sure her pillows were just so and after she was laying down all nice and relaxed, he’d leap to the end of the bed and pick up just the sheet. He would then hop hop hop the sheet right up to her chin. He then would hop back down - grab the spread and hop it right back up to her chin. A lot of bouncing was involed and he and mammy would just laugh. He’d make sure she was tucked up tight and give her a peck on the cheek and tell her dream.

5 comments:

barb said...

great layout!

Amy Alvis said...

awesome layout and story!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a sweet story and an awesome page, Lynn! Love that circle paper and the swirly ribbon as a flower stem!

Renee Lamb said...

I love the layout but the journaling and story is awesome!

April Says... said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooo...you know I love the writing ;)
love the paper!