Friday, July 23, 2010

Flashback Friday 7.23 - use a quote......

BANNED. My dad had a unique "quote" to keep my brother from playing dreaded rock 'n roll music on his stereo. Hi-fi stereo. You remember those. Had a needle some could change the records. Was a BIG piece of furniture in the room.

As you can guess, dear old dad hated rock 'n roll. And because "it would ruin the needle" we weren't allowed to play it. Sigh. We missed the whole revelution just about. However, my brother and I did receive a broad variety of music. Mom liked Eddie Arnold, Robert Goulet and I could sing the entire score to Camelot. My dad liked country as well, Chet Atkins, Arthur Lymon and would play his guitar "by ear" to those albums to de-stress. We were allowed to play "the Four Seasons and some Mo-town" which my dad's younger brother would sneak in. Eventually I did catch up with the whole rock 'n roll thing. However, ecclectic is fun!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

This is awesome!!! :)

barb said...

Fabulous, enjoy!

Renee Lamb said...

This is awesome!!! Love how you made it to look like a record!! luckily I grew up with rock n' roll parents! hahaha