Friday, June 26, 2009

Flashback Friday 6.26. (and I'm impressing myself


with all the blog updates this week. Dang. When you have something happenin'...helps a lot).

Anyhoo, this challenge was to do a page about your parent's job/career/position. Whatever. Well as you know, I was working on an 8x8 album of mom after she passed away, and I found I had to step back. WAAAAAAY back. So while I pondered doing dad's job, I looked down, saw all the dog hair on mom's poor album, dusted it off, paged through it and WA-LA inspiration. AND a flashback in my mind that she actually had a photo of her at her desk (bless her heart). This is about her job - but I love the picture because you can see her eyes laughing, w/her hands in front of her smile - so you can't see she didn't have her teeth in. Used to drive me nuts. Now I find it amusing. Now I find it okay. Now I'd love to see her toothless self. Sigh.

5 comments:

Tracey Taylor said...

What a GREAT page

Lisa Carroll said...

Great page. Love the journaling block and the tie around it.

Jen Martakis said...

This is gorgeous layout!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a delightful photo and a beautiful page, Lynn!

Renee Lamb said...

I love this layout Lynn!!! and I love the story behind it even more! i think you're mom had beautiful smiling eyes!